5 Signs You Need a New Water Heater.
Its 6am, you wake up to prepare to leave for work, you go to the bathroom, turn on the shower and then you realize it…there’s no Hot Water. Water Heaters can give out at some of the most inconvenient moments, but there are a few signs you can check for that may determine its time for a new Water Heater.
1. You don’t know or can’t remember the last time your Water Heater was replaced. Most water heaters last between 10 and 15 years. If yours is older or you aren’t sure when it was last replaced, it may be nearing the end of its life.
2. When you turn on the hot water, the water turns to a rusty color. Color can determine many things when it come to plumbing, faulty/rusted pipes, poor water quality and often an inefficient Water Heater needing to be replaced.
3. When you turn on the hot water, it has a metallic smell and taste to it. This is a sign that the water heater is breaking down, with grit and flakes from the inner tank combining with your water supply.
4. Noise is always an indicator. If you hear your water heater – loud cracks and pops for instance – it may be an indication that the interaction between the heating elements and the inside heater has mineral build up on them.
5. Leaks are never a good thing. If you notice water puddling around your water heater, or it leaks when standing, it’s a sign the inner tank has reached the end of its life. Slow drips and leaks quickly escalate, causing serious flooding if the entire tank breaks.
Water Heater repairs can be pricey and if not taken care of can be detrimental to your health and the health of your family. Before you’re left in the cold, give a professional a call to check out your Water Heater and help you determine the best solution for you and your household. Check out our page http://customflowplumbers.com/maryland-water-heater-repair-replacement/ to see options that may help you save money on your next Water Heater Repair/Replacement.
Why Choose Us?